EST | ENG | RUS

Historical chronology

1st millen.          ancient tribes settled on the shores of the present Paldiski bay

XIII centry            Port of Laidus, the Swedes settle on the Pakri islands.

XVII centry           Swedish port of Rogerwiek

1718-1768         On the initsiative of Peter the Great, a marine fortress was built by Russian  forced laborers.

1762                   The Russian Czarina, Catherine II, named the settlement Baltiiski Port

1768-1798         Marine fortress of the Russian Empire

1770                    a peasant school was opened

1783                    Baltiiski Port was granted town rights

1783-1787          the St.George Orthodox Church was built

1842                    the St.Nicholas Lutheran Church was built

1870                    the St.Petersburg Paldiski rail line was opened

1876-1915          the Paldiski Naval School commenced operations

1918-1933          Paldiski "free port"

1939-1994          Soviet Navy garnison town

1968                     the Paldiski training center for nuclear submarine seamen and  the 70 MV

                              reactor were opened

30.08.1994           the last Russian war ship leaves Paldiski

01.09.1994           an Estonian-language primary school with 24 students opens in Paldiski

25.09.1995           the Paldiski "nuclear object" is ceremonially transferred to the Republic of Estonia

24.01.1994           Paldiski was a part of the town of Keila

20.10.1996            Local elections in the (re-independent) Estonian Republic Paldiski again

                                becomes an independent town.

 

 

Ürituste kalender

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031

Viimased uudised

  • 09.10.2017 | Keila vald ja Paldiski linn tähistasid koos õpetajate päevaLoe edasi...
  • 22.09.2017 | Soojusenergia müügihind Paldiskis langebLoe edasi...
  • 20.09.2017 | Õhusaasteloa taotlemisestLoe edasi...
  • 14.09.2017 | Kaitseliidu väljaõpe Pakri poolsaarelLoe edasi...